Since 1953, the Akron Sports Car Club has been a major part of the automotive scene in Northeast Ohio, hosting events in the Cleveland, Akron, and Canton area. Nationally recognized in television, radio, newspapers and magazines as one of the countries premier car clubs, the ASCC has it all. It has produced many National driving champions in both road race and autocross, professional drivers, test drivers, commercial spot drivers and product evaluators.
At least once a month we are doing something in a car. Autocross, Rally, Car Shows, Track Days, or Karting.
Or we have socials at local breweries and various other places. There is always something going on.
For 25 years we have worked with various tire, car, brake, and suspension manufactures for shows and driving events. Also private and corporate events along with drivers schools and promotional ads. We also host various level drivers schools and specialize in working with video production teams. Currently working with Optima Batteries Search for the Ultimae Street Car, Drive AutoX presented by UMI Performance and the Summit Racing Equipment Autocross week.
Our autocross events are run at various locations. All of which offer a wide variety of course design ranging from .75 to 1.25 miles in length and times averaging about 85 seconds. With quality sponsorship and our unique drivers challenge, we offer cash and prizes at all our events, some in the $1000s. Even the pre race drivers meeting can win you a little something. We believe in giving back to the racers that come out to support us.
- We use SCCA Solo rules as a guide for class and aftermarket modifications. But we separate classes into groups. Win your group and compete in the Challenge for the cash and prizes.
- Typically 5-7 runs on a single course day. Sometimes 3-4 runs on a morning course and another 3-4 runs on a different afternoon course.
- Club Members have the option of not having to work the course unlike most other traditional autocross groups.
- Our home track at Dragway 42 has an elevated viewing area for family and friends. Restrooms and food trucks on site.
- Typical event begin around 9:30am with the Challenge finishing around 4:30pm if you qualify for it.
- Expect to shift. Our courses are long and fast. Average run in the 85sec range.